View Single Post
12-05-10, 07:26 AM   #5
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't know all the details, but the group icons module in Mapster (which is what your code is based on) was removed because it conflicted with the changes Blizzard made in Patch 4.0.1 and no longer added much/any functionality.

On a side note, I'm not sure how much of your code is from Mapster, but if it's more "based on" than "inspired by", you should probably make sure you have permission from Nevcairiel before releasing it. He likely won't mind, but the copyright notice at the top of the GroupIcons.lua file in Mapster is pretty clear that it's not open source.
Thanks Phanx for your respose. Suffice to say it didn't really help me much as I was trying to implement a feature that was removed. Still it was kind of you to take your time to reply . I've have already sent a message to Nevcairiel per your advice.

This still brings up the issue that I'm trying to get resolved. If a solution is found I could possibly rewrite it. There has to be a solution to the issue rather then just ignoring it the problem. Which is why I requested help here in the first place. Thanks to all those that have replied so far.

@Zerpy: I already tried using hooksecurefunc it didn't really help as well as the same issue was occuring. It seems to be another function that is causing the issue. I believe it's WorldMapUnit_Update. But I'm not entirely sure. Still trying to figure a solution out.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }

Last edited by Xruptor : 12-05-10 at 07:44 AM. Reason: de evil grammer natzi