View Single Post
01-05-07, 10:49 AM   #133
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ceph
afaik, there is no possibility to check who a buff on a group member "belongs to".

hmm but one thing we know about HoTs is, how long the endure. maybe it is possible to assume that the HoT is not removed by some enemy's spell, and display it locally - based on the point of time it was casted. when the effect fades (the HoT is over - we know how long it endures!), removed it from display... this could be kind of a workaround that wouldn't require querying the target's buffs. dunno if it is possible.
Correct, we have no way to obtain who has cast what spell, and how long the spell has left on it. This information cannot be displayed.

We _can_ track when we cast a spell, and how long IT has on it, but with things like swifmend and dispel magic, it makes them virtually useless for PerfectRaid.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."