View Single Post
08-09-10, 07:56 PM   #1030
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Just a heads-up; A LOT of people are having problems with the new downloader/installer. Blizzard has a lot of kinks to work out before the system really works well again.

And a couple of words of warning;

1) The game client (including patches) is in the neighborhood of 16 gigs. This number is likely to grow as more patches arrive.

2) For some people the new system is agonizingly slow. Be prepared to be downloading and installing for at least 24-48 hours straight. Even people with uber-fast connections have complained about this.

3) This one is REALLY important: IF YOUR ISP HAS IMPOSED A DOWNLOAD CAP ON YOU, YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER BEING A BETA TESTER. I'm honestly not trying to be mean here, but there are many many people screaming that they have been (or will be) charged enormous amounts of money for overages. Blizzard may very well end up asking us to download the entire client again. Possibly more than once. If you are under a download cap from your ISP then please keep this in mind.

Please don't think I'm trying to flame anyone here or on the o-forums (it's usually pretty apparent when I do that), I just want everyone to be aware of what's going on.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn