View Single Post
03-07-13, 05:04 AM   #6
shalom69
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok good explanation about local. I knew that declaring local variables at the start of the addon defined them for that addon but your explanation makes it clearer when I declare local variables inside a bunch of if-then statements.

I actually considered in passing that the examples for bindings may have something to do handling functions in different xml and lua files, so I thought to minimize errors the first time I was coding it by following the examples exactly. Obviously knowing the semantics precisely makes that unnecessary for me so I appreciate you typing that all out. To your point I think folks who post examples and do tutorials need to assume that some portion of the readers do not have any formal training and may not be aware of noob things you learn the first week of programming class

I took a look at the bindings.xml

in the xml file

Code:
<Binding header="MYADDON" name="ASSISTLEADERMACRO">?????????()</Binding>
and in the lua

Code:
BINDING_HEADER_MYADDON= "MyAddon"
BINDING_NAME_ASSISTLEADERMACRO= "Assist Leader"
creates the category "MyAddon" and associates a button to a string named "Assist Leader" in WOW default Key Bindings. Using just bindings.xml and .lua how do I assign the actual macro assist actions to the string?