View Single Post
04-02-14, 01:19 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep. There are bugs I've reported multiple times, for years, that have never been fixed. Every Curse employee and volunteer I've ever talked to has been nice and friendly, and I do appreciate their author rewards program, but as an organization they are absolutely horrible at maintaining or fixing their products. All they ever do are push out new products, usually while they're still half-finished and full of bugs, get them to a mostly-working state, and move on the the next project.

Most of my bug reports to Curse have never gotten a response, but those that have, have only gotten vague wishy-washy non-responses that either indicate quite clearly that the person writing the response does not understand the problem at all, or that they just don't care about fixing it.

Also, the Javascript on Curse.com is some of the worst-written and most obnoxious scripting I've ever seen on any site I've actually visited on purpose and wanted to use. Every single time someone sends me a PM on Curse and I have to actually go to the site to reply to it, I find myself sincerely wishing I knew a Curse employee, any Curse employee, IRL so I could strangle them.