View Single Post
05-18-17, 02:04 AM   #3
DarkruneDOTDK
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
The only event you watch for is QUEST_POI_UPDATE which doesn't fire when a WQ or EQ is completed.

QUEST_LOG_UPDATE will fire several times and returns no data.

QUEST_TURNED_IN and QUEST_REMOVED will fire for the World Quest you just completed.

QUEST_WATCH_UPDATE will fire a couple times but only returns a QuestIndex not a QuestID.

I had the same kind of headache when writing my own quest tracker and the Quest Intern module for Executive Assistant. Saying that Blizzard doesn't make it easy is an understatement.

You may want to keep an eye on QUEST_REMOVED and refresh the Emissaries then, at least the few brain cells awake at 2:30am tell me.
Thanks you ☺. At least the event I use now is correct... Still have some issues with the update part, as the update function for some reason gets nil, even though it has used the table to create the UI :-/

EDIT: I might have figured out, what I had done wrong... My UI was made of tables and the Emissary table was a parent table for the ui table, so when I reloaded the emissaries then the ui table would be removed in the process.

EDIT 2: Nevermind... problem still persists :-/

Last edited by DarkruneDOTDK : 05-18-17 at 03:12 AM.