View Single Post
05-21-17, 07:47 AM   #12
DarkruneDOTDK
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
Damn, it is DKLevelup. I ran across that in a search and dismissed it as a false positive.

Thanks.

Edit: Ok...I'm confused. Where is DLU.EmissaryCheck() defined? I couldn't find it in the .lua or in the DKLU package.

When you first log in, var bounty is nil so no error and an empty table. If you reload, GetQuestBountyInfoForMapID() will return data to process and then it dies on the DLU.EmissaryCheck() call. I worked around that by defining the two vars but I'm still not seeing a per-se nil.

It could be that GetQuestBountyInfoForMapID() is not ready to return EQ data when the event is triggered for the WQ completion; you might try setting a delay before you update rather than triggering immediately off the event, or at least verifying the data returned by GetQuestBountyInfoForMapID() when the event is triggered if you're not up to digging around in their UI code to see what they're up to with their EQ tracker.
DLU.EmissaryCheck() should be defined in QuestCompanion.lua near the bottom. The nil value doesn't pop up anymore after I restructured the code.

I will try to look through some of the Blizzard Interface code and see, if I can figure out how they are doing it.