View Single Post
06-03-10, 10:43 AM   #51
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mars85 View Post
I also hope that's not correct. But as I've read so far you can't opt-out being your own RealID-friend which means your addons can get your RL information.

I hope someone here who has access to PTR (I won't reactivate just to check that) can clarify that and can check if an addon could hook the functions and return fake strings.
See this is where I'm not sure i agree. According to everythign i have read you can choose to not use the service at all. What you saying is you can choose not to use the functions of the service but you are indeed involved in it regardless.

All i can find about this is that the service is not required. You can choose to use it or not. If not life goes on as normal. My thoughts being that if I'm not using the service than im not my own friend because i dont use the system. It would be like saying I'm a member of a club i never go to or signed up for but im part of it wether i like it or not.

What I'm getting from your statement is you are part of the service and involved even on a rudimentary level regardless. The you are your own friend bit. If thats the case i forsee TONS of issues for blizzard. Im not doubting you have read this though personally i would like to see a reference. After which i may need to send a few cranky emails to blizzard.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor