View Single Post
06-04-10, 11:03 AM   #54
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Mars85 View Post
It seems that "you always are your own friend" was a bug which is fixed in newer PTR versions. You can find at least two big threads on EU forums about that (in addition to those threads where many people complain about the way RealID is implemented especially according to privacy).

@Bluspacecow: The page list return values also which includes "givenname" and "surname".

However, I still hope these functions will be limited to call by Blizzard code only on live, even if I won't use RealID. I think there still is a risk that there could be a bug or something which could be used to get (own) RealID information by addons if these calls stay available to addons.
It's been a while since I've played with the social (friends/who/guild/raid) frame, but I highly doubt you will ever see them only restricted to Blizzard code. If you tainted the social frame at all, you would break the friends list. Even then, if somehow the bug popped up, an addon would have to take advantage of it and actually get the information out to a Bad Person. The addon systems sandbox already means the damage addons can do with your information is very limited.