View Single Post
08-20-12, 10:13 AM   #106
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Aiming for another release tonight, I'll quickly summarise each point you've raised though (thanks again for all the feedback by the way):
  • Animation resetting: That sounds like a feature for a future release, but yeah it should be kind of possible at some point.
  • Keypress trigger: Doable, but it would only work when the key is pressed. Releasing the key can't be detected (I'm not sure if it's an API bug at this point). It'd work for the example you gave, whereby a boolean state is toggled each time the combination is pressed, but I wouldn't be able to expand it further than that.
  • Editor fading: Ctrl+Alt+Shift while mousing over the editor does that for now. I agree it needs to be more exposed, I'm thinking of sticking a button next to the Close button on the editor window that would act as a toggle for this - and maybe an option for automated alpha fading based upon where the mouse is/isn't.

As for the features going ahead:
  • Triggers
  • Tracking and UnitMatch triggers have been removed. I might reimplement them at a later date, but I'm questioning their worth considerably right now.
  • I've just implemented Totems, ZoneType (instance/bg/arena) and WeaponEnchant.
  • UnitData (class checks, etc) might be delayed until 5.1.
  • UnitAuraType won't be in today's release, but will be in for 5.0.
  • Actions
  • Working on DisplayAlpha and DisplayColor actions now.
  • Standalone actions will probably be cut until 5.1. There's not enough of them to justify keeping them in at the moment, so I'd rather hold them back until they can get some attention. The only one this really affects is triggering sounds in events that aren't related to displays.
  • Custom Triggers
  • Custom triggers are next on the list of things to do. Just working on the UI for them. They'll be expanded further in a future release, but they'll be in for 5.0.
  • Tutorials
  • These will be worked on last, hopefully I'll have time to flesh these out again.
  • Exporting/Importing
  • Will be done, but they might be limited a bit (namely, exporting/importing lone displays will probably be postponed). Exporting/importing will work for profiles and auras.
  • Moving/Copying
  • Will be done soon.
  • UI stuff
  • Advanced animations editor will be put back in soon, hopefully.
  • Source editing for triggers should be accessible again, soon.

As you can see, a lot of things to do

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-20-12 at 11:12 AM.