View Single Post
08-20-12, 03:17 PM   #109
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alpha 12 is going up, next release should hopefully be the last alpha - the focus of it will be a 4.x to 5.0 upgrade. I don't promise that it'll be flawless, but if you want to help then you can provide me with existing saved variables for testing purposes:
  • Go to your WTF folder in your WoW installation folder.
  • Find "PowerAuras.lua" files in the folders: "WTF\Account\<Account Name>\SavedVariables" and "WTF\Account\<Account Name>\<Realm Name>\<Character Name>\SavedVariables".
  • Open the files in any text editor (notepad will do), and copy the contents.
  • Paste the contents into a Pastebin paste. I don't mind if you paste all the files into a single paste, or if you do a single paste per file, but please make it clear if there's more than one file in a single paste.
  • Post the link to the paste here, or in a PM to me.
  • If you want to be really helpful, a short summary on what each aura is supposed to do will help me pinpoint any subtle conversion bugs. Without it I can only really guess if it's working as intended.

As the system will be quite buggy, the plan is to keep a copy of the upgraded profile stored somewhere and expose a slash command (/powa migrate) which will replace your current profile with your old settings - so if the conversion is horribly inaccurate at first, and improvements are made to the process, you can just have it redo the upgrade without needing to keep the old settings around yourself.

When in the beta phase, the plans are:
  • Fix critical bugs (as in, ones that cause horrible errors). There's a few bugs lying around right now that don't really affect anything, so I'm not in a complete rush to fix them as of yet.
  • Tune the upgrade process.
  • Add missing UI sections and give touch ups to the places that need them.

If any features need to be cut, they'll be the following (in order of precedence). I don't like cutting things, but it's a case of having to work to Blizzard's patch release schedule.
  • Advanced animation editing.
  • Tutorials
  • Time Remaining/Stacks triggers
  • Custom Triggers

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-20-12 at 03:23 PM.