View Single Post
08-27-12, 03:01 AM   #155
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
When creating a buff/debuff aura. Then I go to style -> texture options/sources and check off Use for Texture. I get an error:

Metadata.lua:458:attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
That error was fixed in beta 3. Either that or 7-Zip can somehow manipulate time/crack into our repository and revert fixes

Also what is strange is bugsack doesn't see the error at all. I almost didn't see it until I looked at my chatbox. It be nice if bugsack could trap these errors so I can easily cut/paste them. Looks like
you're trapping your own errors instead somehow?
Callbacks are just wrapped in pcalls/xpcalls, since most of them are non-fatal to begin with, but would effectively kill the entire UI until the user does a /reload. You can do a /powa debug for a log however with copy buttons which give the full stack trace.

Suggestion for Activation -> Support Triggers. The way this UI is set up it looks like only one support trigger can be active at one time, even though thats not true.
It may be less confusing if when the user adds a trigger it gets added as a tab or some kind of button that lets the user know hey I added this to a list of active triggers. Then they click the button to edit that trigger.
With how slick the UI looks, this part just doesn't feel as clean as some other parts of the UI. Not a really big priority imo but something to add on the todo list for later maybe.
Hmm, well I did add an integrated tab system to the list inlay. I suppose I could give it a quick shot, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I tabbed the support triggers as a small test, I think it could work but there's the issue of overflow.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 03:40 AM.