View Single Post
09-29-12, 10:41 AM   #16
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Animor View Post
If I understand correctly your suggestion, it will eliminate the problem as long as the user doesn't open the config panel. But if the config panel is opened even once, then the problem will occur again. Did I get it right?
You got it right, but there's a certain amount of uncertainty because we don't know exactly what the problem is here. It might also be the case that making the change will make the problem go away even if your config panel is eventually shown. It may also be the case that the taint is actually caused by something else, in which case delaying initialization won't help you at all.

And to the technical side of implementing it: where should I define the onshow? on the xml, near <OnLoad>?
Yes. You could basically replace the <OnLoad></OnLoad> tags with <OnShow></OnShow> in the XML snippet you posted; but you'll also need to mark your config panel as hidden initially to prevent the OnShow from running immediately upon frame creation (add the lime-highlighted part to your existing xml code):
Code:
<Frame name="hebChatConfigPanel" parent="UIParent" hidden="true">

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Originally Posted by Foxlit View Post
Curiously, the issue occurs when you create a dropdown with 8 entries before CUFProfiles loads, even if UIDROPDOWNMENU_MAXBUTTONS >= 8 at the time of creation, isn't modified, and remains secure. This warrants a closer look, I think.
Is that your own investigation? Because nowhere in the post Dargen linked does it claim that to be the case.
Yes, it is an observation from my own testing against the current live client.