View Single Post
02-23-15, 03:59 PM   #17
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Keep in mind that if the data is in the character folder it's inaccessible to other characters and if in the account folder it's accessible to all characters in the account (Blizzard limitation).
I'm not sure I understand this?

Isn't it precisely the Saved_Variables data (per character) that Profiles needs in order to be able to "Copy" the desired profile from one character to another character - even char's across realms? If not, then I'm looking in the wrong place for the individual character's variables. Sorry.

Question:
Here's a path to a Saved_Variables file for just one single character. My other Alt char's are there too, but I clicked on only (1) char. Each Alt char has its own Saved_Variables file.

Is this the proper path to where Carbonite-Profiles would find the particular "modified profile" which a user wants to "Copy"/substitute for use on one of their own (other) Alt characters?

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\{ACCT NAME}\{REALM NAME}\{CHAR NAME}\SavedVariables

-- In the past, both Carbonite and Zygor "Profiles" worked properly. I know that because I used to use them all the time. Maybe the pathing code and basic structure is somewhere in the old Archives???

Last edited by Kreelor : 02-23-15 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo