View Single Post
08-25-17, 08:06 AM   #14
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This quote almost says it all:
Dude, stop throwing a hissy fit and take it on the nose. You're going to hold back your growth as a creator like this, not to mention what your possible userbase will think of you if you act this way.

It's not an impressive first attempt, but that's fine. I know my first attempts at gamedesign weren't exactly smashing either.
The internet is often harsh, but usefull because of it..people don't know you or care much about your feelings and because of that it's probably more likely to be true feedback about the quality of your work. Rather then if you ask some friend who doesn't want to hurt your feelings..
Strangers are not that negative if the quality of your content is good. When I first started releasing my own work for others to use, I would also get upset about negative feedback, especially the unwarranted toxic kind of feedback because I was doing something controversial. You get resilient to that after a while, and I can tell you're not there yet. If you keep working on your projects and improving yourself, you'll end up with a better product and ultimately you'll respond to criticism in a healthier way. Just keep working on it.