View Single Post
10-10-17, 08:51 AM   #11
Layback_
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I don't think you can do anything to prevent this for nameplates since the game is moving them and not you.

There is another case when you move frames and their FontStings are jumping around 1-1 pixels, that's also caused by not setting the x, y values correctly, like centering a FontString with 6 pixel heigth on a 7 pixel height frame, and the game can't decide where to render the FontString. Usual solution is to not to use center, left, right, top and bottom anchors for FontStrings.
Yeah... was forgetting about FontStrings.

Setting a proper font size and its position was also the pain in the axx which I'm still struggling with

Originally Posted by Terenna View Post
So I ran into this issue for some 1 pixel backdrops I was using on rNameplates back before zork performed wizardry and discovered how to let oUF make nameplates. I determined that the ratio of the x-axis of the worldframe (768) and the x-axis pixel count (at the time my 1080p monitor) was a ratio of 32/45 when reduced, by setting my insets on the backdrop to 32/45 instead of 1, I was able to achieve pixel perfection even when the nameplates moved about the screen. I have quit wow since getting my 1440p monitor, so perhaps I'd have to use 8/15 now.

Give this a shot maybe?
Sweet!

I'll give it a shot and see how I go with it

-- EDIT# 1

Did you mean by "size"?

-- EDIT# 2

hm..... I've set the size to UIParent:GetEffectiveScale() which would return the value that you've mentioned.

It's working fine with small nameplates, but still extending/shrunk by 1 px for huge nameplates (like boss, etc.)

Last edited by Layback_ : 10-10-17 at 09:25 AM.