View Single Post
02-22-07, 04:07 PM   #4
DunedainKilrog
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by JoshBorke
perhaps you meant DECREASE your zone time? The functionality in Catalyst has already been incorporated into the WoW client. Perhaps you are using a copious amount of addons with embedded libraries like Ace2 based addons (which includes every FuBar plugin). If that is the case then increase load times for the initial login can be expected unless you un-embed the shared libraries (thereby defeating the purpose).

Hope this helps a bit.

Yes, sorry, my mistake, I did mean decrease the load times. I do run a few Ace2 addons. The ones that I do use that are Ace2 are:

AutoBar Config
Autobar
Decursive
OneBag
OneBank
OneRing
ScrollingCombatText
SCT options
SCTD options
and
SCTD

I do NOT run Fubar at all.

I use alll of those options regularly, although the AutoBar config I only use when a quest requires me to unhide my pet bar (I am a Mage btw).

Based on those mods listed, is there any way to adjust the memory that they use? Would a detailed list of the Mods that I do use be of more help?? As a FYI, I have over 1.5 gigs of Ram total on my machine with 256 of that dedicated to addons. Should I change that number?

To give you an idea of my instance load times:

I was in Shattered Halls last night. When we would wipe (and then have to go back in) or when we ran out, I was a good 5-10 seconds behind everyone getting back into the instance. Before Cat went defunct, I was able to load actually faster than almost everyone else in our 40man MC Raid group.

I greatly appreciate the fast responses to my thread. I am glad that I have found a few folks so willing to help me in my cause.

Thanks in advance (again) for your thoughts and replies.

Far too many other games to list.

http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/wow-gm/c...ain@US-Kilrogg