View Single Post
02-23-07, 11:58 AM   #11
DunedainKilrog
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rigorous
well then my apologies for giving you the best advice i had. i was only making suggestions based on what i consider to be fairly extensive experience with a great number of excellent as well as somewhat poor mods and a good deal of reading in an effort to help.

i recognize what i said was beyond the scope of your original question and was an uncalled for recommendation about interface elements and memory usage.

hence....

unfortunately, i too am unaware of any Catalyst-like mods because that functionality was built into Blizzard's client some time ago. again, my apologies.

Bah, don't apologize for you giving me your thoughts, like I said, I appreciate them greatly as it makes me think and try and figure other things out. Can you and I swap, maybe via email or PM here, our list of mods? If I can see what you do and figure out my own personal settings (so that maybe I will NOT lose anything), it might work for me and I am willing to try that out.

Cat = Catalyst

As Cat like mods go, this is the way I am thinking of the past and present (well the present one that does not exist yet):

The old Cat: It took advantage of something in WoW that enabled it to speed things up there by decreasing the zone load times until the 1.11 patch

A new Cat: Since the old Cat's "hole" has been fixed and integrated into WoW....maybe now there is another one out there that can be used, thus giving us the speed decrease from the 1.11 patch and then a new decrease from the new Cat to even further drop the times to our Zone Loads.

Lemme know your thoughts Rig and Josh

PS: LOL Josh! we try man, we try

Far too many other games to list.

http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/wow-gm/c...ain@US-Kilrogg

Last edited by DunedainKilrog : 02-23-07 at 12:00 PM.