View Single Post
12-24-06, 12:07 PM   #41
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Delena
Will Praid be released in this century ?
Originally Posted by Delena
I'm thankful, but the mod was already developed, and there was also a TBC version, has been written with using the ace tools, that make the porting much easier, can't be so hard a port, to wait so much. However I have already a mod very similar.
First, I'll reiterate everything that's already been said. You don't know me, and I don't owe you anything. Your obvious lack of understand about the way addon development works is not helping your case. Ace2 does not HELP something get converted quicker.. it has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There has never been a BC version of PerfectRaid, and there won't be until I'm done.

Originally Posted by Catharr
Pretty much the usual consumer attitude which is kinda common in WoW.
- Raid not happening due to low attendence or whatever ? Canīt those lazy raid-/guildleaders just summon a few healbots or recruit some people (doesnīt matter who as long as they can help me getting my fat loot) so we can raid because i need item xy so badly ?
- Canīt those lazy addon coders just stop working, playing, eating and sleeping so they can finish their addons ?
- I pay 10 Euros (replace with xy bucks or whatever you pay for WoW) so i have the right to demand all of the above !1!elf!1!

PRaid 2.0 will be there when itīs there, donīt forget addons coders have a life too (especially when its around christmas or something) and what clad said so far about the features of the new version....itīs well worth the wait anyway since it isnīt just a "port to 2.0" version.

P.S.: Cladhaire already told the PRaid 2.0 is not going to use Ace anymore...so much for the "hey its ace 2 canīt be that hard to port" theory....besides that itīs not just a a port.
Again, Ace has absolutely nothing to do with the swift adoption. I am coding PerfectRaid from the ground up, because, conceptually, it cannot just be "ported". It has to be compeltely redesigned.

PerfectfRaid will be finished when its done. it will be "released" before BC, as long as nothing intense comes up in my life.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."