View Single Post
08-01-19, 09:59 PM   #6
aallkkaa
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
GCD handling in macros is more strict than this. If a macro comes across any ability that triggers the GCD, it simply ignores any other line that also triggers the GCD. It doesn't care about the individual or category-based CD on an ability.
I didn't mean to make a connection between the GCD and the spell's explicit CD. Matter of fact, if the apropriate Azerite Essence were not active as Major slot, the Memory of Lucid Dreams line should (I believe) be ignored every time, as if it were not there, hence it would not make the next line with a GCD-triggering ability to be ignored.
But I notice you challenged other things I said, which I have for certain. So I might be wrong on this one, but I think not. Anyway, on to those other points, of which I am more certain of than this one.

In all technicality, the 3rd Rune of Power never gets cast. The reset timer triggers as soon as the second casting comes off CD and loops around to the first. In all, the last two Rune of Power entries in /castsequence are unnecessary just because of the reset timer.
I disagree on this, but I'll quote you on your next comment, because that's where your error is.

/castsequence actually starts counting from the last time it successfully triggered an ability. If it failed due to cooldown or target constraints, it won't reset its timer.
Actually, if "it failed due to cooldown or target constraints, it" WILL reset its timer. I've known this for years and I've seen it again recently with this macro:
Code:
/castsequence reset=2/ctrl Healing Surge, Concentrated Flame
If I repeatedly use this macro (AKA mash it), it will get stuck on the on-cooldown Concentrated Flame (after successfuly casting it the first time around of course) until it's off cooldown or I press Control (to reset the macro).

/castsequence does support the use of macro conditionals and as such, a better alternative would be to force Memory of Lucid Dreams on modifier, otherwise start with Rune of Power.
Code:
/castsequence [mod] Memory of Lucid Dreams; reset=40 Rune of Power, Memory of Lucid Dreams
That's a fair alternative too. But, because of what I said above (and because of the possibility that you (or at least I) may unintentionaly recall the macro before its 40 seconds reset timer has elapsed, I'd write it as:
Code:
/castsequence [mod] Memory of Lucid Dreams; reset=40 Rune of Power, Memory of Lucid Dreams, Rune of Power, Rune of Power