View Single Post
06-14-05, 08:38 AM   #1
TinaMarie
A Defias Bandit
First plugin questions...

I'm working on a little plugin that will add some auction house functionality. This is my first attempt at this, and I think there are some concepts I'm not getting.

My first try was to add a few buttons to the main AH page. This worked, but there's not much room, and certainly not enough to add as many as I want. Is there a way to force the outer frame (which I don't own) to resize to be bigger? I thought maybe it would auto-resize to hold all the buttons, but that doesn't happen.

Then I thought about adding a pane to the right, which might work, but looks bad.

The next try was to add a new tabbed page, which would have my controls on it. I added the "tab" button, I put some stuff on the new page, and it shows and hides as I page through the tabs. The only problem here is that the tab button doesn't hide exactly right, probably becuse I need to make some changes to AuctionFrameTab_OnClick to tell it that there's one extra button there that needs the graphics changed. Can I override it in my lua file?

What if I copy the AuctionFrame.lua/.xml to my directory? Can I modify it, then use that to entirely replace the AH interface with my own?

Thanks!

Tina Marie