View Single Post
05-24-10, 08:54 AM   #49
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Also, it's interesting that someone's already jumped to developing an addon like HudMap. It shows that the interface community will only settle for the best and will always find some way of getting the functionality they want, even if something like this happens.
Originally Posted by Olog View Post
Whether that goes against the new rules is still a bit up in the air.
HudMap isn't being developed in response to the AVR ruling.

If you go to the wowace.com project page for the addon you will see the project was started on the 10th of May. The thread with the Blue ruling about AVR was posted on the 20th of May , a short time after a few addon programmers noticed something to do with Camera pitch CVARs on the 3.3.5 PTR and had contacted Blizzard about it.

Now unless Adrine's learnt how to time travel 10 days back in time then it would be fair to say the HudMap was not started in response to the AVR ruling. To be fair thou the HudMap addon is actually an extension of a feature of SexyMap just expanded into it's own addon.

I feel I should point out at this stage HudMap is being developed by Adrine the guy responsible for Omen , Threat2.0 , Chatter, SexyMap and SexyCooldown. I think he knows full well the consequences of something like this and has worked in closely with the wow ui developers in the past. He has contacted Blizzard to ask if his project is OK or not and he he gets notification that it's not he will end the project.

So far he has yet to receive that confirmation.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)