Thread: noob needs help
View Single Post
06-04-10, 09:30 AM   #14
MNKyDeth
A Theradrim Guardian
I will try to give an example of how to figure the problem out with switching to different bars.

This is the custom bar I use in bar 1. My bar one consists of 1-12 buttons, etc etc.

bar1
[mod:shift] 2; [bar:2] 1; [bar:3] 2; [bar:4] 3; [bonusbar:3] 4; [bonusbar:1,stealth] 8; [bonusbar:1] 6; [bonusbar:5] possess;

When I hold shift my bar1 changes. When I shapeshift into cat or bear form my bar1 changes. When I shift into moonkin or tree of life, my bar1 does not change. When I shift into cat form the bar1 changes. It also changes again if I go into stealth. This allows me to have 12 specific buttons for each form except tree of life and moonkin form. The reason for this, is that these two forms and the default caster form all can cast the same spells. So I don't need a specific change to my spell layout on my bars.

Each shifted form of the druid conforms to a specific number 1,2,3,4. This is also true for shadow form on the priest, stances on the warrior, even stealth on the rogue. So changing the numbers around can get a bit tricky.

[bar:2] is a specific druid form. The number after [bar:2] is the number 1. This means use row 1 of numbers. Wich in my case is 1-12. remember Wow has 120 total buttons. So if I was to put [bar:2] 5; this would essentially tell form 2 (whatever it is, cat, bear or whatever) to use the 5th set of numbers, buttons 49-60.

The above scenario changes if you use smaller bars or larger bars. Say you use 6 buttons on a bar. [bar:2] 5; would then be buttons 25-30.

So, from the above information we know that each stance, or shift on any character in the game has a number. The number goes inside the brackets. [bar:2] or [bar:3] etc, etc. It just depends how many forms are required for the specific toon you play. We also then know that the number after the brackets [bar:2] 1; tells us what buttons to use on our bar for that specific form.

If I am wrong about this information someone please correct me.

In the end, you could always just do [bar:2] 1; and try it out. If it does not have the desired result, go back in and edit the line to say [bar:2] 2; then [bar:2] 3; and so on until you reach the desired effect.

If you want to get a bit more complex with multi-shifting bars here is my bar 2 example. I use 3 bars in my UI bar1 and bar2, bar 10 I have off to the side of the screen for extra stuff.

bar2
[mod:shift] 2; [bar:2] 1; [bar:3] 2; [bar:4] 3; [bonusbar:3] 4; [bonusbar:1] 6;

You can make even more bars change when shifting into other stances or forms but I find 24 specific buttons for each form to be plenty.
Also, if anyone uses my custom bar modifiers I highly suggest first going into your default key binds and removing all the shift+1 through shift+6 key bindings. If you don't and you hit shift+4 and you notice that your bar is messed up hit shift+1 to fix it again. And then go unbind the shift+# keys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caster.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	4359  Click image for larger version

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	4360  Click image for larger version

Name:	shiftbar1n2.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	4361  Click image for larger version

Name:	bar1n2bear.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	4362  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bar1n2kitty.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	4363  Click image for larger version

Name:	bar1stealth.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	4364  

Last edited by MNKyDeth : 06-04-10 at 10:02 AM.