View Single Post
03-06-08, 06:33 AM   #8
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
Well, I haven't investigated in Clique's code that much, and I may very well be wrong, but... if I really wanted to do this, and if I were allowed to code awful things, I think I could modify Clique so that the function that sets an attribute to a frame, when trying to assign the type "macro" and a given macrotext, would modify the given macrotext, replacing the occurrences of some kind of keyword (eg "clique_button") with the name of the frame (which is available through GetName() at this point of Clique's code, I think).

Again, no real interest in doing that, and again, I'm not sure if it's even possible, and if it is, there might be drawbacks that I haven't thought of (is there a size limit for the macrotexts given via SetAttribute, for instance?).
If you are attempting to write a macro that clicks button A when you click-cast a specific combination on some other frame? If this is the case, you already know the name of the button.

Can you be extremely clear about how you want it to operate in a SPECIFIC case. Please don't tell me how you want to implement it, leave that up to me, but tell me how you want it to behave in a specific case. Then I might be able to give you something.

At the moment, I'm completely confused as to what you're hoping to accomplish.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."