View Single Post
10-16-10, 09:38 AM   #197
QuestorWI
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
That would violate Blizzard's UI Addon Development Policy
You are correct that that would violate Blizzard's policy but if memory serves wasn't it Carbonites pay system and ingame ads that caused Blizzard to go ape **** and implement the current UI Addon Development Policy in the first place? It's also interesting that every time there is a patch that breaks Carb it takes several days if not a week for them to fix it and during that time the same people post replys to players questions as to when there will be an update (since the Devs rarely if every post any info here) encouraging mass donations to the Dev while saying that they have donated 100's of dollars. Go check out the past postings very eye opening to say the least. Don't get me wrong I donate $10 every month to the Devs of carbonite, nUI, and 3 other addons, and before the forum trolls go and say what a cheap bastard I am, I'm retired due to cancer and living on SSD for those in europe that's Social Security Disability and being under the retirerment age my monthly income is not the greatest. As to my continued support of the Dev's of this addon since this is the only addon out of the 53 (having lost my right arm to the cancer I depend heavily on macros and addons) I use that as of the time of this post which has not been updated I doubt I will do so in the future.

Last edited by QuestorWI : 10-16-10 at 10:06 AM. Reason: forgot a part