View Single Post
10-16-10, 10:36 AM   #198
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by QuestorWI View Post
if memory serves wasn't it Carbonites pay system and ingame ads that caused Blizzard to go ape **** and implement the current UI Addon Development Policy in the first place?
Not only. Believe it or not, Carbonite was not the only addon where the developers were charging a monthly or yearly fee to use their work. In fact, I dare say Blizzard are more likely to have targeted paid leveling guides rather than Carbonite when they implemented their change.

It's also interesting that every time there is a patch that breaks Carb it takes several days if not a week for them to fix it
As to my continued support of the Dev's of this addon since this is the only addon out of the 53 I use that as of the time of this post which has not been updated I doubt I will do so in the future.
First of all, you're incredibly lucky. Myself, using 73 different addons at the moment (most of them character-specific) find that Carbonite is one of only 17 that have been updated for patch 4.0.1.

Second, as has already been explained earlier in this very thread, a working version of Carbonite was released less than 24 hours after the developers got home. If that's not good enough for you, I may be so bold as to state that you clearly have little experience from product-based customer support. No offense.