View Single Post
07-14-10, 08:12 PM   #243
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There was a tools update today guys.

Looks like you can get in now.

I will admit tho. This was the first time I tried the beta today. I don't know if this is a fix for the "Login server busy" error as I never actually seen that error. I did get my beta key from the Addon Authors giveway here on wowinterface.com tho , tracking ID # 000132.

All I did was open the launcher. No news was showing so I clicked "Play". Logged in with my normal b.net email address and password.

It started downloading an update. This is odd I thought ... normally the Launcher kicks in the downloading & updating thing itself. It's been a while since I saw it doing an update after logging in.

It downloaded "something" (possibly a small MPQ file in the World of Warcraft Beta folder) and updated some various tools. A small blue window told me it was updating.

Once it was done I opened the Launcher. It had all the news there as usual. Clicked Play , logged in and was asked to select an account. What you choose here depends on if you have done the PTR before. Best Idea is if you see a choice between "Wow1" or "Wow2" pick one of them. If you can't see realms on that account change to the other account (there will be a pop up menu underneath the account name).

One account will be for the PTR , the other will be for beta. You can check which one to use by logging into us.battle.net and looking at the box in your list of games that has Deathwing on it in a myspace pose (*oh hai!* *snap*). The account name used for Cataclysm will be under that box.

Here's my install log out of World of Warcraft Beta->Logs->Blizzard Updater Log.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7617660/CAT%...ter%20Log.html
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 07-14-10 at 08:45 PM.