View Single Post
01-13-15, 10:08 AM   #8
PsychoCircus
A Murloc Raider
*Chuckles* Actually, not to be nit picky, but the saying in question goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

But its true that Carbonite, under the auspices of Rythal and the other developers is moving much faster than the alerts and messages concerning them. You have to consider, too, that they're dealing with hundreds, possibly even thousands, of lines of code (I've never looked at the source to see which), and believe me, after a while, hundreds or thousands of lines of code start to run together, and everything can look like a jumbled mess. Do this every day, and almost everything looks like it has code, from kids messing around in the kitchen, to morning traffic.

The bottom line is they know you want Carbonite up and functional, and they're trying to achieve that for you. Such things, unfortunately, take time. Its not pretty, its not pleasant, but it is, unfortunately, the way the universe works. Being impatient only makes the wait seem that much longer, and exercising that impatience only impedes what success is already being accomplished, because they're having to reassure you that success is, in fact, being achieved, just not according to the schedules of those impatient hordes that insist on demanding an update or badgering the developers, or some other such nonsense (I'm not saying this is you, just a general statement).

Anyway, that's my two cents' worth