Thread: Hope UI
View Single Post
01-12-14, 07:03 PM   #4
Hopelez
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by humfras View Post
While I like simple UIs like yours, I absolutely hate those pixelfonts

I'd prefer the range display closer to the center because it is much more relevant than the boss frames (which are pretty close to the center).

I suggest you filter the buff display at the upper right corner a bit.
E.g. only buffs with a duration > 5 minutes, a different raidbuff tracking etc.

Regarding the Memory usage display:
Get rid of it (e.g. remove that feature from the latency/fps AddOn you're using) because memory usage isn't as important as CPU usage (and using a display for unneeded information is unneeded cpu usage )
Pixelfonts are a personal preference, I for one like them alot. They are a lot clearer, better looking and easier to read for me.

The range display is around the most important things to watch while in a bossfight (cooldowns, raid frames, etc.). I tend to see the range indicator alot more often than the bossframes tbh. Again personal preference.

Buff display is fine for my needs, I don't really keep track of it during combat, except a glance to check if something has procced (that's why I need the stuff with a short time there also). This is again something that I'm used to use. It takes me not more than a glance to see whether I'm missing any of the raidbuffs or not.

I know that the memeory usage is not imporant at all, since all addons use so little of the available amount, but I don't really mind having the info. CPU usage is just as irrelevant tbh, you can throw any addon at me and my CPU wont have any problems with it.

Thanks for the feedback anyways...

Originally Posted by Kkthnx View Post
Im a pixel font lover so I am really interested in this UI. Also I am loving just how it is setup. Everything is very clean simple and across the board the same as everything on the UI. See I think some people tend to use too many fonts and that tends to makes things look off imo. Anyways I hope to see more about this UI. Awesome Job!
Thanks for your kind words. And you will surely be seeing more of this at some point. I've got some changes at works.

Last edited by Hopelez : 01-12-14 at 07:07 PM.