View Single Post
02-17-07, 11:37 PM   #19
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

Here's a quote from the original post...

Could anyone help me out with this? Im using the latest auctioneer UI (stand alone, not the pack that has issues with mazzle) and latess mazzle ui.
...what I'm wondering is, where in there you thought you specifically were being asked a question. To me, anyone means you or anyone in the community who may have experience with said problem or mayhap have a solution for it.

Let me quote one of your own beta-testers...

Folks, we MazzleUI beta-testers only have lots of MazzleUI and addon experience. Only Mazzle speaks with authority about Mazzle UI; we are here only to keep Mazzlefizz sane enough to keep up with the abuse under which an AddOn author/compiler suffers!
So if someone asks a question with regards to MazzleUI where it involves another addon that the beta-testers have limited to no experience with, why jump the poster when they are asking the community at large a question? Perhaps if it was a specifically MazzleUI based bug it could have been posted in the bug reporting/support thread, but seeing as how it wasn't and "anyone" was asked for help I fail to see how a poor attitude from the "support staff" would garner any further use out of someone asking a simple question.

Seriously, if you don't want to actually HELP the people on this site who ask for it, don't. If you're going to attack people for asking questions, go do something productive like ganking lowbies. If it's such a hard job doing what you're doing...don't do it.

When I see a question being asked that I can answer, I answer it without copping an attitude. And yeah, I know...if you don't like it, don't use it. Well, if you don't want to be asked questions or have people ask OTHER people questions, don't release your addons to the public. Period.

The code of conduct for the forums is all well and good, but I would ask that the mod authors and their "staff" take into consideration that people come here looking for addons to make their game experience easier, more informative and more fun. Not to mentione some if not most can't produce something themselves and therefore rely on your expertise to provide them with what they seek. Getting jumped by a "beta-tester" or someone's "support staff" or an author when asking a question makes people want to frequent these sites less. And with the recent bad publicity that MazzleUI has gotten, I would try to keep my attitude in check and my users happy regardless if it' your work or not. You released it to the public, you can deal with the consequences.

Last edited by Colton : 02-17-07 at 11:55 PM.