View Single Post
02-18-07, 12:45 AM   #20
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK, everybody please take a breath. I think tensions are just high with all the b.s. that been happening lately.

I disagree with you Colton. I think looking at this as a de facto business enterprise because I released something, or looking at the people answering questions, both the old testers and the brand new adddtions, as support staff, is a bad idea. We are users of the game helping other users.

My point in saying is directed at peole answering questions, both testers and non-testers. I know you want to support the project, but you guys don't have to do this. If you start getting frustrated with people or repeated questions or anything, stop answering them and go do something more enjoyable. This is a hobby project, and you're under no obligations. Getting snippy with others is only going to exacerbate the situation. It's better to do nothing.

I've gotten pretty jaded and curmudgeonly over the last year, so maybe I'm not the best person to be saying this, but take it for what it's worth. Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread, since it has stopped being about the original question and seems to be escalating.

- Mazzlefizz

P.S. Archos, my original reasoning for using centralized threads was partially to keep the forums cleaner, and partially because the "Search This Thread" feature seems to work far, far better here than the "Search Threads" feature. I had hoped that people could find their answers by searching a thread or two instead of having to visit page after page of threads filled with repeated question. I think it kinda worked, but the centralized threads are now pretty cumbersome too. I'm not so sure if it's still a good idea.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-18-07 at 12:48 AM.