Thread: Update: 25 May
View Single Post
05-25-09, 03:02 PM   #26
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Given how the client is planned to work (modules for other sites), waiting for a client that will work as intended is fine. Rushing a client out for use just because we are impatient and having it fail to work properly would be a mistake, especially since a lot of us would B&M about it failing.
Shirik, get settled and get into your everyday routine before worrying about the client.
From the shown previews, it looks pretty good. I would like to request that the finished release version also shows the addon version that is currently installed along side the version that is available to download. This will help prevent accidental "downgrading" of an addon (in cases where the author has updated it elsewhere but not on WoWI) using Minion. I never had the problem of downloading an older version via WM or Curse simply because I checked the version dates/numbers, and I didn't use automatic update or "update all" (except when all the addons needed to be updated).
I myself don't care if automatic update is available, and as mentioned, didn't use update all much. I simply clicked to update an addon, but would have several updating at same time, when there was several to update. As long as Minion allows me to update several addons at the same time, I'll be happy.
I also hope that most Authors will host their addons on WoWI because I'd like to completely break away from Curse (for the obvious reason) and WoWUI (for personal reason) altogether.

If WM were to contact WoWI, is there still a chance of working things out?