Thread: New machine...
View Single Post
04-18-15, 06:47 PM   #26
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
Flash support in Linux has always been terrible. Adobe's Flash player for Linux is notorious for being a CPU/memory hog thus most of the Linux geeks I know (myself included) avoid it. Fortunately for Flash appears to be slowly dying as more sites abandon the use of Flash/Actionscript and switch to using HTML5. The only issues I have run into is some sites still use Flash video players or my browser does not have the codec support baked in. However the latter issue is becoming rarer as Firefox has been gifted with h.264 support so most Mpeg 4 video will play fine.

I have never liked Chrome, instead I use other WebKit/Blink based browsers when Firefox is not behaving. Many of them come with the PepperFlash plug-in from Chrome. Regarding privacy, if you still want to use Chrome, you may want to consider either SR Ironware (Chrome without all the privacy issues) or what most Web/Blink based browser are built on: Chromium.
PepperFlash has been made for Debian, if you use the Adobe one it's your fault. :P