Thread: KkthnxUI
View Single Post
09-30-15, 08:35 PM   #24
Nikita S. Doroshenko
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I very like that you keep Blizzard's style and feel in your UI. Because it looks strange and weird when some people try to make minimalistic or space UI for fantasy game, event that i think Blizzard's default UI is too old and it looks blured and got lot's of little graphics bugs, it's still better in my opinion then space or minimal UI. On your first screenshot, I found that action bars spell icons overlap on gryphon's heads, like in original (default) blizzrd's ui, it's easy to fix, by removing action bars that overlap or change overall size of this action bars. And there i found strange icon on the right gryphon, if you are going to keep it, i think it's better to place it in different location.
I want to share with you with my UI artwork, I personally prefer to use different endings for each race, for example:
Undead
or Elfs
As well I prefer adding he feeling of presence for different races and classes, for example in combat Undead Blood/Frost DK:
or
I play and work on very big 4k screens, and this helps me to detect my current presence in combat with side view.
As well, I'm not sure if it's good idea, but I added different textures for different classes, to use it instead of icons or name colors. Not everyone will like it for sure, but I made it for myself.
Example for DK:
Sorry for images quality, they are made on my phone. But maybe something from above will give you ideas or somehow help in future. And want to mention once again, that I like your UI, especially perfection of borders, what's the secret ?)