Thread: Mazzle and Mac
View Single Post
05-25-07, 11:23 AM   #25
Ironshield
A Murloc Raider
Thank you Mazzlefizz -- I certainly did precontext my uneducated guess with admission of uneducatedness!! Glad you knew I was just trying to help. =)

All of this has prompted me to look into LUA and the guts of MazzleUI this weekend to better understand the UI - seeing as it is so fundamental to this game now that I prefer not to play without it!!

I am going to try to go back all the way to a clean WoW without any add ons and start over with MazzleUI.

Hopefully that will dispense with any corrupted bongos config files. I am up and running right now, but not "as intended" and with my "work arounds" which are not nearly as polished as your final product!

/wanders off to go study LUA coding and the impressive animal that is MazzleUI

Are you really a one-man band? You need peons! = )

r.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I apppreciate your post, but I think you're making many assumptions that make the conclusions your reach completely incorrect. Many, if not most people are running my bongos just fine, including myself. I don't think there is anything inherently going on that conflicts with 2.1, as you seem to conclude. Moreover, many observations you had after installing newer version of Bongos don't tell us anything. Many things in the MazzleuI code rely on changes in my version of Bongos.

To be honest, everything you describe seems to indicate you got an error while Mazzifying. All the layout stuff you described are completely consistent with that. Furthermore, corrupt bongos settings
could cause a really long bar. The size of the first bar would simply have to be incorrectly set to something large, for example 120, which I could imagine happening if there's an error or an unusual bug. What I would suggest is that you try to recreate the original LUA error that happened when you were mazzifying with the original bongos. That's really the place to start.

{Azgalor, Alleria}