Thread: Mazzle and Mac
View Single Post
05-26-07, 02:01 AM   #29
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Exceltica
I am seeing the crashing error with layout/scale assert failing in the client.

From what I am reading, it sounds like it works for some people, but not others, or it works for some people on some characters, but not on all of their characters. Additionally, I think Mazzlefizz has stated an inability to reproduce this problem. Apparently, this problem is related to Bongos in the MazzleUI.

I noticed in the FAQ, I believe, that when populating the button bars during set-up, if mazzlefying a lower level characters, some of the buttons may be left empty due to the spells/abilities not being available yet.

So, just as an off the wall guess, if an action bar was completely empty of buttons due to not having abilities/spells available to populate it, or personal character configuration, would this be a zero width/height bar being fed into the layout/scaling code?

If so, this should be testable (creating new low level characters on an installation which has Mazzle working and applying Mazzle to see if it breaks) or trackable (seeing if if the characters that are suffering problems from Mazzle crashing are of a particular class or level range.)

For instance, I am seeing this problem on a level 5 Draenei Shaman.
I can't reproduce it b/c I don't have a Mac.

If you want to test your theory, try this. Load the Mazzifier and type this before Mazzifying the buttons:

/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end

That should stop it from decreasing the bar size.