Thread: Mazzle and Mac
View Single Post
05-26-07, 06:51 PM   #35
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Well, one difference between those two layouts is that the big button layout (or any of the simple layouts) will not try to collapse bars. Did you attempt the little experiment in my last post with one of the class layouts?
Yes, I tried it in that set of experiments, but only the initial time, with the Mazzle Shaman button layout, on the level 5 Draenei Shaman.

I removed the WTF folder, started in windowed mode, wide-screen. The Mazzification UI welcome dialogue appeared. I cut and pasted the /script line you provided in to the chat window. Then I continued with the Mazzlefication process, and got the crash.

I tried again, just now, this time exiting the Mazzification UI when it appeared, pasting the "/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end" in, and then starting the Mazzification UI. Still got the crash.

Finally, I poked around and found the "CompressBar" function in Mazzifier_Buttons.lua. I changed the line from "local shouldAdd = false" to "local shouldAdd = true", and reran with that. That worked and got me through the Mazzlefication with the Mazzle Button layout without a crash.

(Not sure enough about Lua to understand if "CompressBar()" in "/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end"" matches "CompressBar(theBar)" in terms of how Lua handle function/method matching and whatnot.)

So this crash definitely appears to be triggered by the CompressBar() function, at least. (I do not normally screw around with Lua -- I do see that the first thing that happens in the Mazzifier_Buttons.lua after CompressBar() gets called is a check to see if the numButtons field is set to 0, and if so, (re)setting various member values. So I suspect that something is getting set that causes something else to be passed onto some other function and so on until it finally causes a crash. I am not familiar enough with WoW UI stuff to track that down.)

If you want, I can dump the WTF folder again, and rerun without the change to the CompressBar() function, and then dump the (crash-causing) generated button bar configuration files some where for you? That way, you can compare them to how your own set up is generating them to see if the problem is in the configuration generation first, before digging into the Bongos code.

Overall, I have to say Mazzle UI is very professional!