Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-10-12, 06:42 AM   #32
Agent Smith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm sorry, I'm glad that the developers are back on carbonite, but I have to ask, for how long? The fact that some random guy fixed your add-on better than you did should tell you something. You had a fantastic opportunity here and you tossed it aside. Had you teamed up with Rythal you would have had an add-on that was 90% fixed and you could have fine tuned it or worked on aesthetics. Instead, you're sitting there now trying to fix the bugs people have already reported to Rythal.

Of course that's assuming you're still working on it. Considering the fact that WoW is an ever changing beast with updates and patches galore, I find it disconcerting that there was nothing from you in four months. I really do understand that life gets busy, but considering the fact that you're the only add-on out there that is licensed (or at least one of a very few), that infers you've made a commitment to it.

You said that you don't make money off of carbonite. I can't say that I'm surprised. I for one am not going to donate money for you to be busy for four months at a time only to come back and half fix the bugs some of which have been in it since I first started using carbonite 2 years ago. It's a fantastic add-on. It is one of the most useful add-ons out there, but it could be better. I think it's time you admitted to yourself it's bigger than two people can handle. I'm not even sure how you can legitimately say it's ready for this patch or the next x-pac if you haven't been playing all along. We had 2 weeks with Rythal's before he had most of the bugs worked out, and you managed to do it in two days? Clearly not, if the bug reports in this thread are any indication. Pride seems to be your biggest downfall right now, and it will wind up being the downfall of your creation as well. That, sir, is the most tragic part, that you would let something that so many pople love lie fallow because you can't work on it and somewhere there's a piece of paper that says no one else can either.

I beg you, if you are unable to give carbonite the attention it needs, hand it down to someone who has the time and drive to do it. After a while, all the bandaids in the world won't stop the bleeding, and the supporters you have now will move on to something else which may or may not be better, but at least it will be reliable.