Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-10-12, 10:39 AM   #37
zeropeorth
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs down seriously disappointed

I created this account just to reply to this.

I found carbonite as soon as I started playing the game, early wrath. It was never perfect, but I LOVED it. Nothing compares to the way the map works that I've found yet.

I considered donating, until I read this thread.

How selfish and arrogant can one person be? So you initially created this as a pay-for addon, well Blizz said NO. Now take your tail out from between your legs from YEARS ago, and give the damn addon to the community.

You don't take care of it. You don't give a ****. I hope EVERYONE that uses this app gets to read this thread, because I assure you, anyone who sees you look down upon the community and those who wished to support and help you, would not give you a single penny.

The game should be about community and coming together to help each other, not selfishness and greed. There is no excuse for being so possessive of something you don't use, don't care for, don't have time for, and cannot sell.

All we need now is someone to re-write the program on their own, and let carbonite die ... it can no longer die with dignity though. It is a shame that pride and dismissiveness had to be the traits the developers had, instead of love and acceptance of a community that loves and enjoys something you made.

R.I.P. Carbonite, you were once the best addon in the game, now you are just in a poorly maintained totalitarian state.

I have no animosity towards the author, I just think he could use a bit of humanity, I hope everything in his life gives him exactly the same respect he gives the community that tried to support them for all these years; that would be sweet justice, and well deserved.

If you have any decency in your heart, you will open up the code, or allow the community members to keep it up to date for you. Just let your greedy side take over, you still get donations, without ANY effort on your part. But you can't concede that this would be the best idea, for the community and yourself ... like I said, pride, arrogance, and selfishness.

I still thank you and appreciate all the work you originally done, and doubly so for all the great use I got from it ... it is just so sad