View Single Post
10-17-12, 10:19 AM   #73
clipper
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
nUI puts the minimap in the bottom middle of the screen, the carbonite map in an info panel on the bottom right of the screen (when minimized) and the BG map in another info panel in that same location. A selector button is used to switch between the minimized map and the BG map (and other options which may be available, like Skada). The shape of the BG map is the shape of the info panel (wider than it is tall). This may not be optimum for some battlegrounds, and it may be that nUI6 will provide changes or more options for the info panel, but in the meantime, I would not be happy to have half a dozen BG maps spread all over the screen, or the wrong shape for my info panel.
The thing I was describing (with the map frame being different shapes/sizes/positions for different battlegrounds) is the current behavior of Carbonite. If it doesn't appear that way in nUI, then nUI is overriding it. But I'm not asking for some weird new multi-map feature, I'm just asking that Carbonite continue to work the way it always has. Simulo was asking for a different behavior, which if that was implemented as a toggle/option I think that would keep everybody happy.