View Single Post
04-01-09, 03:38 AM   #26
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by GrissomXIX View Post
Well, there you have it. All the whining and complaining about Blizzard's new policies was pointless...well, except for you compilation creators anyway. You got what you wanted. Blizzard found it was missing out on a big cash cow and has now decided to reign it in, police it and profit from it. So all you authors who bellyached about not being able to solicit "donations" or other authors not being able to do the same just wasted a whole lot of typing time.

Congratulations on helping Blizzard to destroy good communities like WoWI and other addon websites dedicated to distributing and supporting add ons free of charge. Perhaps that 60% cut from your add on will make up for it. I foresee a good number of people leaving the game due to this change unless you can still use outside add ons and/or compilations for free (I can't see it though.)

Kudos to you, hope that $0.60/dollar was worth it.
agreed. i think this is so silly blizzard and all. yes authors need to get money but this is too much. it went from donate if you like to demanding the donations now.