View Single Post
08-27-18, 10:55 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vrul View Post
Yes, the event handler calling SetAttribute on a secure frame will error in combat.
Hoped that might be the only one but trying your other code out to see if it works. Thanks alot

I can honestly say I've learnt more about what the secure stuff does trying to get these silly quest bars working than anything else rofl

Edit:
Nope, The overridebar comes up with the button fine but the new bar shows actionpage 1, switches to a new bar when jumping on the bird but doesn't add the button when it activates. So far that setattribute call to grab the GetActionInfo at the right time is the only way I've managed to get it work. Same as nUI's action bar .. a reload of the UI after the action bar has added the button will show the button and allows it to be used.

Image: http://wow.swangen.co.uk/vehiclebarproblem/image.jpg

One side note that I am not sure if it happens everytime but when I get on the bird, it in essence becomes a pet. I tried the [vehicleui][@pet,exists] test to see if that worked but no joy. Oh wait, its not a pet, just nUI's way of portraying a vehicle .. never mind rofl.

I think what the problem is that once it sets the page on that first call from UPDATE_VEHICLE_ACTIONBAR event it doesn't need refreshing. Because it doesn't need refreshing it never gets to update the action info properly.

before quest start ..

UPDATE_VEHICLE_ACTIONBAR event amongst others
Action Page = 1 (ok)
Action Button 1 HasAction ? yes
Are buttons displayed ? yes

get on mount ..

Action Page = 12 (ok)
Action Button 1 HasAction ? no

autofly to hit trigger point
Action Page = 12 (not different so doesn't trigger)
Action Button 1 HasAction ? yes
Are buttons displayed ? no

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-28-18 at 01:27 AM.