View Single Post
02-07-15, 09:52 AM   #6
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Didn't Work :{

Ok, I went thru and made sure all the selections were checked that both Svegan & Jeffy162 suggested, even those that were optional. It still does not do both maps. I've attached a screen print of what it currently looks like in full map mode. Note that the full map has the mini-map attached in the upper left corner of the map. These are 'attached' somehow, and one cannot be moved without the other. When I hit M (the Alt-M and M key both do the same function) key, the maps close, and not even the mini-map is displayed. Hitting the M key again will show the map as attached below.

So, currently, my options are to 1) Display the full map with attached mini-map, 2) Show no map, not even the mini-map, or 3) To resize the full map with mini-map small enough where I can see both maps without interfering with other screen views (however, doing this greatly reduces the viewable area, almost like a full zoom-in).

I understand that I will not be able to view both maps simultaneously, and this is fine. I use the full map to find items, pinpoint locations, routings, flight paths, quest turn-in locations, etc. The mini-map I use while traveling to catch possible loot, bosses, quests, battle pets I may have missed. So one map at a time is sufficient. But it is the concept that Carbonite shows so much more detail with additional capabilities on it's mapping that I use it instead of the default map in Blizz, while the mini-map is useful for other reasons (and it doesn't matter to me if it's Blizz or Carbonite). Another reason for the mini is that many of the addons I use have icons around the mini, including the game mail and calendar. Without the mini, I have no access to any of these.

Maybe this defines a bit more in depth my situation? Anyway, hope that someone out there has a solution.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarboniteMap.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	8470