Thread: Cirk's Fastcast
View Single Post
03-21-06, 03:18 PM   #4
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by teedog
After installed Fastcast, the following macro which I normally spam no longer works after one cast (instant cast due to Presence of Mind).
I believe you need to have a call to SpellStopCasting after you cast PoM for this to work. (That should be the case regardless of whether you use Fastcast or not).

Also, do I understand the FAQ correctly that since I am casting Frostbolt from a macro, Fastcast will have no beneficial effect on it?
What this means is that you can't chain-cast your next spell (say another Frostbolt) with Fastcast allowing you to cast the second spell early. I.e., you'll have to wait for the full duration of your first macro-cast Frostbolt (i.e., including the server-time lag).

Does Fastcast take into account spell interruption? Suppose you are a healer in the Vaelastrasz fight. A normal 3 second heal becomes 4 seconds due to spell interruption from the aoe damage. With a padding of 0.2, Fastcast will cancel the spell at 3.2 seconds. No heal is cast and tank is dead.

Can Fastcast determine how much your cast time is increased by due to interruption, and adjust accordingly?
From the Questions section of the download description:
Q. Does Fastcast still work if your casting is slowed by a debuff, or if you are taking damage?
A. Yes it does. Fastcast uses the information on spell duration provided by the client, and handles changes to this when damage is taken. For channeled spells, when you take damage you lose cast-time remaining, and Fastcast handles that too.

Note also that Fastcast will only interrupt a spell when you try and cast another one and the spell's cast time + padding time has been reached but the spell is still casting. In other words it won't cancel the spell except in response to a user action - no timer based interruptions are used.

Cheers,
-- Cirk

Last edited by Cirk : 03-21-06 at 03:23 PM.