View Single Post
09-10-09, 07:35 PM   #30
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Acapela, you brought a tear to my eye in your ending. I go back to my original server on occasion to try to track down one friend who remains, but finding what alt they are on is hard. I have to send around 3 in game mails and it normally takes a week or so to finally get on the same page (actually talk).

I know where about 7 of my original 10 charter signers for my first guild are. Most no longer play, a few play casual, and that one I mentioned earlier is pretty much the same as they were when I met them. All of us wish we were 'capable' of all playing together as we did back then, but schedules, and real life don't allow for it. It is sad.

/off topic

Rating gear, gear scores, elitist attitudes, and general D-bag behaviour are going to be around. Skill no longer seems to matter, unless you are really bad, if you have gear that is attained at the highest content level. It's kind of like high school was. Reeboks, Coca Cola collared shirts, Levi's, Izod, Members Only jackets, "Feathered" hair cut or a -high gel content- flat top (had a feathered mullet myself ), parachute pants... the list goes on. These things make me think of how the community relates to people in game; I find it a sad state of being. Personally, I don't care about your gear, or even your skill... if you are a genuinely 'cool' person, I'll wipe over and over with ya, laughing most of the while.

Coming back to play the game after 6ish months (active account =/= playing), I'm finding myself not having fun like I did in BC. People have quit, left servers, and turned into gear checkers themselves. It makes me wish there was a WoWI server, reading this thread. I think I'd be happy playing with ~96.2% of the WoWI posters (the others could be Alliance, on this fictional server ).

Great thread N8te, thanks to all of you .

Edit: I know it didn't really take me 30 min to type this dumb post...
I may have to check out the nUI guild thing. Do you need to use nUI to be in the guild? (yeah, I'm a nUI supporter, but I've finally gotten enough of my ui back to not need to use a pre made any more *nUI is great, it's just not "mine"..). Well, something to think about, anyway, if I'm eligible.

Last edited by Yhor : 09-10-09 at 07:45 PM. Reason: I typz sloow