View Single Post
03-03-06, 04:14 AM   #12
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by katana
A simple question popped in my mind... is the addon known to be working with a french version of WoW ?

It really looks well designed, exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't use it as far as I understand it. Tips ? Suggestions ? I can provide you with the french strings for blessings, classes, etc if you want
Hi Katana, thanks for posting, and yes that is exactly the problem - Blessings can't understand french yet (I never was that good at it myself )

Anyway, the good news is that the code is designed to allow for simple replacement of all the text strings, etc., for localization purposes. All the localization is effectively contained in the tables and strings defined near the top of the Blessings.lua file, specifically:

BINDING_HEADER_BLESSINGS_TITLE (string)
BINDING_NAME_BLESSINGS_ACTION (string)
BINDING_NAME_BLESSINGS_PANEL (string)
BLESSINGS_TEXT (table of strings, contains the spell names as commented in there)
BLESSINGS_COMMANDS (table of strings and response messages)
BLESSINGS_HELP (table of slash command help strings)

Obviously the most important for getting it working on a non-english client are the spell names at the top of the BLESSINGS_TEXT table. Those, and any other help/translations would be greatly appreciated - feel free to post what you find here.

Cheers,
-- Cirk

PS: I assume that the texture names stay the same across clients, anyone able to confirm that?