View Single Post
01-17-15, 02:02 PM   #14
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Callindril View Post
On that suggestion, I went into the Carbonite Map settings and flipped each one and then went thru the aggro with map up/lockup/reset Wow scenario each time, till I got to the Enable Compatibility Mode setting...

With that one checked, it locked up requiring the WoW reset, with it unchecked, it did not lock up, the map closed as one would expect, and everything was great....

Whats odd is that the Enable Compatibility Mode setting seems to be there to prevent exactly what the problem is...but when its checked active, it locks up, and when its unchecked, there is no lock up...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to check...(or uncheck as the case may be )
The compatability mode switch was added for Interface replacements that were trying to adjust the windows during combat. However I may of went a little overboard and during that period of time any and all reports of lua errors during combat I fixed by using that toggle. Anyone who is not using something like tuk, elv etc etc should never need to enable compatability (and it should probably be mentioned in the options itself), and it's been so long I don't even know if such is still needed even for them.