Thread: Recipe Book
View Single Post
06-26-05, 04:26 PM   #51
ayradyss
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Aaaactually....
Presuming that will communicate through a channgel, much like the PartyQuests that use Sky channels.
In its current iteration (yes, I've been working on it) it doesn't use channels at all. It uses an "invisible whisper" system.

Basically, you'll /rb send <person> <tradeskill> (maybe eventually that'll be dropdown and text box) and RecipeBook will send them a polite little whisper - something like:

I type /rb send Ratstomper Blacksmithing
If you *don't* have RecipeBook installed you'll see: Ayradyss whispers : [RecipeBook_Prefix] Hello, this is Ayradyss's RecipeBook. May I send your RecipeBook my Blacksmithing data?
If you *do* have RecipeBook installed, you won't see that whisper. You'll just see a popup : Ayradyss wants to send you RecipeBook data for Blacksmithing. Accept/Decline?
If you click Accept, your RecipeBook will send a "sure, go ahead" and my RecipeBook will ship the data - skill, specializations, rank, and known recipes - using those same prefix-coded whispers. It'll all be invisible to you.
Then my RB sends another message to say I'm done, your RB sends a response to say you got it, and both clients "hang up the phone".
I'll see : <RecipeBook:> Successfully sent Blacksmithing data to Ratstomper. and you'll see <RecipeBook:> Successfully received Blacksmithing data from Ayradyss.

If you send to someone who doesn't have the RB client installed, they'll get the initial whisper - which, except for the prefix, will be human-readable and make sense - and then after 1 minute of no response, your client will time out.
You can't send data if you have a preexisting session open - i.e. the fastest you can spam RecipeBook sends to someone without the client is once a minute.
It'll be set up with multiple options - you'll be able to auto-accept|prompt|auto-decline from friends or guildmates, and you'll be able to prompt|auto-decline from nonfriends. Anyone you auto-decline to will see a friendly error : <RecipeBook Error:> Ayradyss is not accepting recipe data at this moment. while you'll get a quick message on your screen that you just auto-declined and who you declined from.

My channels are full full full without any mods using them already