View Single Post
08-13-10, 10:19 AM   #1074
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nefrirr View Post
While I don't think that Blizzard will stop giving out keys, yet, I very well understand and partially share that fear and the anticipation for the next batch of keys. Having no ETA makes waiting always worse - the best way is to try and forget about it. The sweet surprise when the key is in the mail will be even more triumphant if you manage to focus on other things.

No matter what, there is no need for any hostility between those having a key or organising the give-away and those waiting, as long as people keep it civil. Both begging or outright raging at the staff is just sad.

Also, I don't think that the beta folks want to talk down to us "outcasts" by mentioning the current technical issues - on the contrary, this is probably meant to comfort us.
I'm just trying to push the middle ground. People waiting are, of course, going to be excited and anticipating the key. A couple of people were completely unreasonable by attacking the staff but most people are nice and relatively patient.

Technical issues are, after all, part of the beta experience. I know I don't mind such things. Anyone doing software development is probably used to it though. :-)