View Single Post
06-11-23, 05:50 PM   #8
cheesewiz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
You were warned specifically by the GM that overturned your first ban.
Assuming you are this guy

So you were warned here that bridging the web api and in-game domains might be risky, you were explicitly warned a second time when you were banned and successfully appealed.
But you bought another license and went back to using the program you were warned about.

Now you are "surprised pikachu face". I'm not 100% on whether Blizzard was overzealous and I don't know if you were using a program to automate the user actions required to get the data in-game (reloading) or confirming bids. You say you didn't but you're leaving a lot of stuff out, so let's just say the whole thing doesn't inspire confidence.

Bottomline is you had ample warning that you were skirting a dangerous line.
So it's guilty until proven innocent? I got the same response from the cesspool that is the official forums. I don't think anyone with a gold stash over 400m gold would risk their entire account by using automation. The rules on a 1:1 interaction are pretty clear, plus the more recent ban on multiboxing software made it obvious they're watching input broadcasting programs. Other addon devs have said that Addon Managers do the same thing my python script does, but the difference is that those programs aren't used for gold making. As for the comment from the GM, you know just as well as I do that they're wrong on very basic things and usually will never tell anyone anything reliable.

> It triggered one our detection systems by mistake. We have adjusted our systems so it shouldn’t happen again. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered from this.

This tells me that they detected something running, didn't accommodate for it, and have fixed it so it doesn't happen again. How else is someone supposed to use the AH API if they can't do what I'm doing, with a public program that an entire community was using?

One of the devs who made the program even commented on it that it's strange for them to ban me over something that dozens of people used.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/bl...se-api/43848/2

Not sure where the passive aggressiveness is coming from.